On June 25, 2016, sixty-nine women and men attendees of the 9th Annual Positively Powerful Woman Awards bet that there was. Each one of them took advantage of the opportunity to write a letter to their future selves, a letter that would be mailed back to them on June 1, 2017 – 9 days before the 10th Annual Awards – and nearly one year later. The letters were blessed by the Pastor Rev. Sheriolyn Curry Lasley of Greater Bethel AME Church. What did they write? Only they know. Perhaps we will find out but that is not the important part. What was important was that they declared.
Fatimah Halim is another person who declared what she wished would happen some day. Fatimah wanted to take the Blueprint for Womanhood participants to a STEAM & Global Citizenship Trip to Ghana. Well, she is the president/CEO of Life Paradigms, Inc. and now in partnership with Strong TIES Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, Mathematics (STEAM) Program her wish is going to be reality on July 3-18, 2017
A declaration is a formal public statement about a goal that once spoken changes reality.
The 10th Annual Positively Powerful Woman Awards will be honoring Life Paradigms Blueprint for Womanhood as the 2017 nonprofit organization of the year. We will also be raising funds to support their STEAM trip to Ghana as part of our program. Join us.
Is there an unforeseen power in declaring for a future? In the words of Russell Redenbaugh, “Declarations precede leaps.” Russell Redenbaugh did this as a young boy. Learn more from this extraordinary man who became blind at 16 and overcame adversities in his TEDxBend video “Post-Traumatic Gifted: Moving from Scarcity to Abundance.”
Here are the Top Ten Reasons to attend the Global Women’s World Cafe Saturday, June 9 of Positively Powerful Woman Awards 10th Annual Celebration Weekend. (These ten reason are in no particular order and are probably not the complete list.)
- You have a burning wish to talk with other women who care about the challenges women face and the solutions. You want to get the resources and information to deal with them. You want your voice be heard!
- The World Cafe Process is a new, fresh way of having a large group discussion and you want to get involved and see what it is like.
- The timeline is flexible and the seating arrangements will change so you will be in action rather than suffering “death by power point”.
- You are a giver, a leader and an aspirational person. You want to make a difference.
- This is a collaboration between Triad West and the ASU Center for the Study of Race and Democracy. If you attended their Girls Night Out with Soledad O’Brien, you remember Dr. Joel Martin’s FEARLESS emc’ing.
- It is being co-sponsored by Fresh Start in Phoenix, and you know that Fresh Start offers important services for the advancement of women.
- You know that with Positively Powerful events, “expect the unexpected surprise” is to be expected. The 10th Positively Powerful Woman Awards Annual Gala Celebration is the next night and it too will be empowering, uplifting, upbeat, inspirational and informative.
- You want to support Fatimah Halim‘s STEAM & Global Citizenship Trip for young women, Ghana, July 3-18, 2017, and are looking forward to this opportunity to purchase artifacts, jewelry and more for a good cause.
- It is a good investment of time, talent and treasure at $45.
- The closing general session will be a masterful facilitation leading to a document that you, as an attendee, will be proud to have contributed to.